When specifying natural stone fabrication, the following may affect the look and price of your design:
Thickness of material
Type of edgework
Linear feet of finished edgework
Height and length of backsplashes needed
Opening for undermount sink, surface-mounted sink, or range.
Remember, all fabrication is not the same. When specifying stone products, don't just compare price. Ask the fabricator for the following
- How will the edges be finished?
- How many seams will there be?
- Where will the seams be?
- How high are the backsplashes?
- Where will the seams be in the backsplashes?
- Will there be any reinforcement rods?
- What will the sink/range openings look like?
- How will the undermount sinks be attached?
And the most important question is:
of your work?"